Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Letter to the Editor: Big Game Gaffe



Letter to the Editor


Editor:

Here is the team pic from last night sans the scoreboard since crew in the score box turned it off about 30 seconds after the game was over. I can not remember that ever happening.I hope that it was by mistake. I would hate to think that adults would do that to, in this case, the Lompoc team, that wanted pictures with the scoreboard in the background. In the past, the winning team has always taken the trophy to the end of the field, and all of the players pose for pictures with friends, family, coaches, and other teammates. The "pulled plug" was noticed by the team, the coaches, the students, and the parents. If it was intentional, I find it sad and poor sportsmanship. I hope that is not the case.If we cannot lose and be good sports, stick with kiddie sports where everybody gets a trophy and has treats after the game. Russ Samaniego

No comments: