Monday, October 15, 2007

Boo Jackson Receives First Offer

BOO JACKSON, profiled today in JCGridiron.com, confirmed this evening that Memphis, Oregon, Boise State, North Carolina, UNLV, Hawaii and San Jose are still in the running for his services next season. He also confirmed the report that Memphis has already made a commitment.

Asked what has improved in his game from what Lompoc fans remember at Huyck Stadium in 2003 and 2004, the El Camino College quarterback said it was his passing.

“Everything in my passing game has changed, from my footwork to my arm strength. I’m not just messing around in the weight room like in high school. I’m more serious and I’m doing different things. I’m a drop-back quarterback now,” he laughed thinking of his impromptu rushing forays as Lompoc High QB. “When I first came I wanted to run and play defense.” El Camino coaches put a quick end to those thoughts.

ECC has a chance for the state title, Jackson believes. “We have a really good chance. We’re looking for revenge against Bakersfield.” The Renegades won an early season game with ECC on the final play.

Jackson has matured both athletically and academically. He is scheduled to graduate with an AA in December. “In Lompoc I didn’t take school as seriously. I’m really studying now.”

He still remembers Lompoc fondly, he said. “I’m still from Lompoc. Coach Barrett and Coach Luken made me what I am today.”
JCGridiron.com reported Jackson's story like this--
"It was just a matter of time before the field general at Torrance (Calif.) El Camino College pulled in his first offer and last week he did just that.
"The talented sophomore guided the Warriors to the state title as a freshman and had a 188.6 passer rating heading into last week's game. El Camino quarterback Boo Jackson has a great combination of size and speed and makes a lot of good decisions as he will likely take over the top spot in the state in passer rating after his game on Saturday. He was second to Bakersfield quarterback Jacob Bower heading into the weekend but given Bower's three interceptions on Saturday Jackson is likely to assume the top spot when the state stats come out later in the week.
"Jackson received his first offer last week.'I picked up my first offer from Memphis last week,' Jackson said. 'Coach Helton called and said they were very interested in me and they would love to have me there. They have a junior quarterback who may leave to the MLB because he throws a 96-MPH fastball. The other guy they have is a senior.'
"Jackson is 6-foot-2, 195 pounds and runs the 40-yard dash around 4.55 seconds. He graduated from Lompoc High School in 2005 and immediately greyshirted at El Camino before starting up his JUCO career for the Warriors in 2006.
"Jackson says he likes what he sees so far from Memphis.'I watched one of their games on TV and they have a similar offense to ours,' Jackson said. 'I am looking for a trip so I can see the campus and meet the coaches. They said they were setting something up for December. They are trying to get a bunch of recruits from El Camino.'
"Jackson is on track to transfer in December with three years left to play two years of football. He says a few other programs have made contact with the football office about his services.'North Carolina, Boise, Hawaii, Oregon, UNLV, San Jose State and a few other schools have called our coaches,' Jackson said. Jackson said he expects to make a decision after the season.'I thought about committing a lot, but I am going to wait until after the season,' Jackson said.

No comments: